Hope everyone had a relaxing spring break. Now that we’re recharged, it’s time to hit the stage! Dates to some of our final spring performances have shifted, so please review the updated schedule below!
Our Chamber Music Concert is this Friday, April 21st at 7pm in the auditorium. Our students will be featured performing various duets, trios, and other small ensemble works! Tickets are $5 at the door and free for middle & elementary school students. Please join us this Friday in support of our talented music students.
CBS Swing Night May 13th!
Tickets are now on sale for our first ever CBS Swing Night. The event will be 6–9pm on May 13th in Carla’s Café at CBS Studios Radford lot, where we’ll have a dance floor, dinner, and photo booth. Come dressed in your finest attire as prizes will be given for Best Dressed, Best Dancer & Funkiest Groove. Tickets are $25 (dinner included) and must be purchased IN ADVANCE from a Jazz Band student. The deadline to buy a ticket is Friday April 28th. ALL attendee’s must be registered in advance, so buy your tickets now before it’s too late!
Remaining events for Spring 2017!
- April 21st @7pm • Chamber Music Concert • NHHS Auditorium
- April 22nd @3:45pm • BYB Jazz Band Festival • 1:30 Call time
- May 5th • TENTATIVE Orchestra & Band Festival • Awaiting Details
- May 6th • DAC Drumline Championships • Los Amigos HS in Fountain Valley
- May 13th • CBS Swing Night @6pm featuring our Jazz Band • Tickets must be purchased in advance from a Jazz Student student
- May 26th • Spring Concert I @7pm • Jazz Band & Vocal Ensembles
- Indoor Drumline & Percussion Concert • Dates & Times TBA
- May 31st • Dance Team Show @7pm
- June 1st • Dance Team Show @7pm
- June 2nd • Spring Concert II @7pm • Symphony Orchestra & Symphonic Band
Saturday April 22nd • BYB Jazz Blues & Beyond Festival Schedule
Santee Learning Complex • 1921 S. Maple Ave., Los Angeles, Ca., 90011
- 1:30 Call Time at NHHS (optional)
- 1:45 Depart to Santee Learning Complex
- 2:15 Arrive at Santee Learning Complex
- 2:45 Watch Cortines Grand Arts Jazz Band perform
- 3:05 Warm up time
- 3:45 Performance
- 4:15 BTB Monk Big Band Performs
- 4:45 Clinic
- 5:30 Finé
Kevin Aldana was accepted to CSU San Jose, CSU San Francisco, CSU Riverside CSU NorthridgeAnthony Cocita was accepted to UC Santa Cruz, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo & San Francisco State University.
Stanley Cascone was accepted to UCLA, Lawrence University, Puget Sound, CS Fullerton, Willamette, Wooster, & College of Charleston.
Graham Jessop was accepted to Trinity College Dublin
Chelsea Logo was accepted USC, UCLA, University of Notre Dame
Vanessa Morales was accepted to UC Santa Cruz, UC Riverside, University of Redlands, CSUN & CSU Domingo Hills.Blake Silton was accepted to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
Emily Turkel was accepted to UC Berkeley, Northeastern University, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Lewis & Clark College
Words of Wisdom
“Strong people don’t put others down… They lift them up” – Michael Watson
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”
– Marilyn vos Savant
“Be careful what you say. You can say something hurtful in ten seconds, but ten years later, the wounds are still there.”
– Joel Osteen