It is the fifth week of the Spring semester and we are already sounding spectacular! I’m astounded by the progress we’ve made learning the two most popular movements from Gustav Holst’s The Planets. It has always been a dream of mine to conduct both Mars and Jupiter and now it’s happening. The Band will be performing Jupiter while the Orchestra is doing Mars! If you are unfamiliar with these works, please listen and become familiar with what is some of the greatest music ever written! See below for links to recordings.
- 10:30am Bus Departure
- 11:40am Watch Norwalk HS Symphonic Winds
- 12:56pm Warm up
- 1:33pm Performance
- 2:10pm Clinic
- 3:00 – 6:30pm Lunch, Masterclasses, Campus Tours, & Peer Partner Workshops
- 7:00pm Dinner
- 8:00pm Watch UCLA Wind Ensemble
- 9:00pm Depart UCLA
Download Trip slips and forms Here!
Band YPI UCLA Trip Slip
Orchestra YPI Trip Slips (2 forms)
IDL YPI Trip Slip
District Spring Trip Slips
- Feb. 23 (Friday) UCLA Wind Ensemble Invitation
- March 7 (Wednesday) SCSBOA Orchestra Festival at Baldwin Park H.S.
- March 8 (Thursday) Symphonic Band & Orchestra Concert
- March 9 (Friday) Field Trip to see the LA Philharmonic
- March 10 (Saturday) DAC Drumline Competition featuring student solo’s!
“The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.” -Theodore Roosevelt
“Don’t worry about those who talk behind your back, they’re behind you for a reason.”
“To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.”