Congrats to the Band & Dance Team for making their big debut in the 3A Division at the Baldwin Park Tournament on Saturday and placing 3rd in Band & 3rd in Auxiliary. The group looked and sounded spectacular! Thanks to all who came out to see our award-winning show! Special thanks to the Petrosian family for driving the truck to the competition!
This Friday will be our first ever Halloween Concert! The event will feature the String Orchestra, Band, Indoor drumline and various chamber ensembles. Performers and guests are encouraged to wear a Halloween costume for the performance. Prizes will be given out for the best costume(s)! Tickets are $5 at the door or free for anyone who shows up in a Halloween costume!
If you didn’t get a chance to volunteer earlier this year, now’s your chance! First, we are hoping a hand full of parents will donate water and snacks for the concession stand at Friday’s Halloween concert. We plan on selling food during intermission, as well as before and after the concert. Additionally, we have set up a signup genius for parents interested in selling tickets and working the concession stand.
Please consider the following if you plan on donating.
If your child’s last name begins with:
- A-D Donate case(s) of bottled water (16oz)
- E-M Donate individual snack size bags of potato chips
- N-S Donate prepackaged individual snack size bags of cookies
- T-Z Donate a bag(s) of Halloween Candy – Regular size no giant Costco size bags!
Please feel free to drop off your donation in the music room by Thursday or on Friday before the concert in the Auditorium between 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm. Thanks for your consideration and hope to see you there!
- Oct 26 (Friday) Halloween Concert with Orchestra, Band & Chamber music
- Nov 3 (Saturday) Rampage Tournament 4:30 pm
- Nov 9 (Friday) Music Dept Potluck in Ag area featuring the Jazz Band
- Dec 1 (Saturday) LAUSD Band & Drill Team City Championships
- Dec 7 (Friday) Winter Concert
Words of Wisdom
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”-Ludwig Van Beethoven
“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” ~Buddha
“Strong people don’t put others down… They lift them up” – Michael Watson
Fun, Silly & Inspiring Videos:
Thanks again for your continued support & hope to see you Friday!