Congratulations to our Band and Dance team on a spectacular performance Monday night.! The entire show is finished and we can’t wait to perform this Saturday for our first Tournament at Baldwin Park High School. Please join us in supporting our Royal Regiment Band & Dance Team!
Our Jazz Band also be making their debut performance starting this Thursday in the Amphitheater at 4:45pm for parent conference night, then again on Sunday, October 20th at 1:00 pm for Sherman Oaks Street Fair. They will perform on Ventura Boulevard just west of Willis Street on the community stage. Parking may be a challenge so come early! Call time for Jazz Band students helping move equipment will be 11:30am in the music room and 12:15 at the fair for everyone else. There will be plenty of street vendors and fun activities! Click www.shermanoaksstreetfair.org for more information!
Baldwin Park Tournament Saturday, October 19th
Our first competition is this Saturday, October 19th, 6:15 pm at Baldwin Park High School. We hope you will join us in supporting our band & dance team at their first tournament of the year! General admission is $10.00 and $5.00 for children under 10, senior citizens, and military personnel in uniform. Children under five are free. Students, please eat a full meal before arriving and bring snacks and water for the day. We do NOT provide team meals at competitions so please bring cash for dinner.
3900 N. Puente Ave.,
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Here is the schedule:
- 11:30 am – Dance Team Call Time
- 12:15 pm – Loading Committee Call Time (includes Pit, Drumline, & selected members)
- 12:30 pm – Long Hair Band Members
- If you can braid hair, please join us, Parents Welcome!
- 1:30 pm – All other Band Members
- 2:30 pm – Bus Departs from North Hollywood HS
- 6:15 pm – Performance!
- 7:00 pm – Load Truck
- 7:45 pm – Dinner break/watch other bands perform (bring $ for food)
- 9:45 pm – Award Ceremony
- 10:30 pm – Bus Departs from Baldwin Park H.S.
- 11:15 pm – Estimated return time – change out of uniform & Unload Truck
- 11:30 / 11:45 pm – Estimated time of dismissal!
- Oct 14 (Monday) Home Game vs. Poly
- Oct 18 (Friday) – Drill Day 1:15 – 8:00 (Team Meal Provided)
- Oct 19 (Saturday) – Baldwin Park Field Tournament – ALL DAY(6:15pm Perf)
- Oct 20 (Sunday) – Sherman Oaks Street Fair • Jazz Band (1:00pm perf)
- Oct 25 (Friday) – Home gam vs. Chavez • Middle School NIGHT!
- Oct 29 (Tuesday) NEW DATE! – Halloween Concert! 7pm
- Nov 2 (Saturday) – Rampage Tournament – ALL DAY (4pm Perf)
- Nov 15 (Friday) – Drill Review 4pm – 6:15pm
- Nov 16 (Saturday) – Music Department Potluck featuring the Jazz Band 12:30p
- Nov 23 (Saturday) – LAUSD City Champs
- Dec 13 (Friday) – Winter Concert
Words of Wisdom
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” -Henry Ford
“If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” -Henry Ford
“When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new.” -Dalai Lama