NHHS Music Department needs your support!
Please attend an important meeting to save our school next Tuesday, February 20th, 6pm!
A proposal to add a Charter School to our NHHS campus is being considered by LAUSD!
The more parents, students, friends & families who attend the more our voices will be heard!
Can we afford to lose 14 classrooms?
Forced to release common area spaces by 15% required for charter school classes including the Library, Auditorium, Gyms, Athletic Fields, and Computer labs.
- The Music Room could be taken to house “floater” classes during 2 periods each day, which would require adding desks and chairs, destroying what music students consider to be their home here on campus.
- Teachers displaced and forced to “float” to different classes each period they teach.
- More discipline concerns
- More facility challenges
- More bathroom plumbing and fixtures in disrepair, without toiletry supplies
- SAS & Gifted Students could lose focused class staff support
Loosing 14 rooms, NHHS would likely need to eliminate or reduce many offerings, including:
- Computer Labs computer classes
- Parent Center
- Workrooms for Leadership, NoHo Robo, Science Olympiad, Botbal,
- Rooms utilized for sectionals, workshops & chamber music
- Weight room with exercise equipment
- College Counseling center, and assistance areas for Career & College Admissions
What Can YOU DO?
Other Schools have successfully fought off charter Co-Locations proposals, but only when many families…
- Attend this meeting
- Get informed!
- Tell LAUSD why there’s no room for another school at NH
- Keep telling LAUSD: SAVE NHHS and OUR PROGRAMS!
- Download this flyer & help us get the word out!
Musically Yours For NOW,
Instrumental Music Director
North Hollywood High
5231 Colfax Ave.
North Hollywood, Ca. 91601